Following his post last week about the speed and scalability of your raster image processor, in this film, Martin Bailey, distinguished technologist at Global Graphics Software, explains how to determine how much raster image processor (RIP) power you need to drive a digital press by calculating the press data rate. It’s the best way of calculating how much RIP power you need in the Digital Front End (DFE) to drive it at engine speed and to ensure profitable printing.
- Harlequin Core – the heart of your digital press
- What is a raster image processor
- Ditch the disk: a new generation of RIPs to drive your digital press
- Is your printer software up to the job?
- Where is screening performed in the workflow
- What is halftone screening?
- Unlocking document potential
To be the first to receive our blog posts, news updates and product news why not subscribe to our monthly newsletter? Subscribe here